Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#1119 uppin' my style game

We have been having remarkably lovely weather over the past few days. The temperatures have been in the high 50s to mid 60s - very un-February like for us, but totally appreciated! I haven't really been out to enjoy the nice temperatures, but I like the sunshine!

The only problem is that I don't know what to wear. I'm sure we are not quite done with winter (in fact, a storm is coming in tomorrow, but only rain, I think) so I don't want to put my sweaters away, but it's that time of year when I am pretty tired of all the sweaters I've been wearing all winter. I think it might be time for a couple of new things to get me through the end of winter and into the early spring.

My BFF LA has been in a clothes buying frenzy over the past couple of weekends. She was telling me that she has put together a clothing shopping list. I think that makes sense. I don't go to the grocery store without a list, so why would I go clothes shopping without a list? She said she decided on some essential pieces that she wanted to have and bought some complementary items to work with those essentials. She's been getting ideas from Pinterest. She said she went on a buying spree last weekend and bought everything on her list. I won't be doing that, but it would be great to pick up a couple of new things.

I've often thought how much better it would be to buy a few new things a month instead of not buying anything for a long time and then going a little crazy. Now nearly two months have passed in this new year and all I've bought is a new pair of shoes. I haven't even worn them yet.

I found a cool post on Pinterest that showed 13 pieces of clothing that could be mixed and matched to make 31 outfits! How cool is that?! Talk about adult Garanimals. (If you don't know or remember Garanimals, it's a children's clothing company where you mix and match different pieces of clothing to make cute outfits.) I'm not going to buy 13 clothing pieces this weekend, I don't think, but there are some good ideas on the site.  Check it out!

from this blog
Makes putting together a cute work outfit look easy, right? Maybe even a lazy, no style girl like me could figure it out with a little help! Of course, am I really going to be able to find cute stuff in my size without breaking the bank and running all over town? Shopping is not my favorite. And there are also my shoe issues. But I really want to work on stepping up my work clothes game a bit this year.

That's what is on my mind today. Talk to you soon!

No comments: