Thursday, May 1, 2014

#1163 hey...it's May!

Hooray! A new month and a new challenge to write every day. I like the routine of writing here every day, even though there are plenty of days when I don't have much to say.

I had a good April, and i'm looking forward to a nice May, also. I don't really have much planned, though, when I think about it. The biggest thing this month is MT's birthday. I really enjoy celebrating my loved ones' birthdays. MT and T are both kind of ambivalent about birthdays. Why? If you can't celebrate the day you were born, what can you celebrate?

Today Kelsie, Nicole and I went to Trader Joe's at lunch-time. I like Trader Joe's a lot! I always find something interesting there and it's not very expensive. Kelsie and Nicole have standard things they like to buy there, but I just pick up whatever strikes my fancy. Here's what I bought today: roasted red pepper and tomato soup, a bag of baby spinach, a package of beef taquitos, a box of dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, and a pretty pot of purple campanula.

 It doesn't look like this quite yet, but I hope it will someday! Mine is covered with the cutest little purple flowers. I have it in my office and it made me smile all afternoon.

The pomegranate seeds are delicious! You only need to have a few to get the yummy pomegranate flavor and the rich dark chocolate taste. I didn't bring those home. That will be a work treat. MT would just grab a big handful and stuff them in his face. He would not savor them like they should be savored.

Tonight when I got home from work, I practiced yoga (which felt great!), made dinner, watched basketball and finished a book. Right now I am watching Game 6 of the Clippers/Warriors. I don't know if I will be able to stay up for the whole game. I've been staying up late watching the games and I know I'm not getting enough sleep. There's only one first round of the playoffs, though. I can sleep when there are fewer games, right?

OK friends, that's all for tonight! Talk to you tomorrow!

I finished a book! Check out the 2014 Reading Page.



No comments: