Saturday, January 24, 2015

#1357 I'm a movie watching fool!

It seems like today has been a little preview of what it might be like when I am an empty-nester. When I left the house this morning, T was in bed, and I haven't seen him all day. MT used to say that T needs to go hang out with friends, and T is definitely doing that. I know it's the natural course of things, and I am grateful that he is out having fun, but I miss hanging out with him.

I was on my own today. MT was over at the new rental and as I mentioned, T is out with friends. I started out the day with WW. Down 1.2 lbs today, thank you very much! I felt great about that loss :) Later in the morning I went over to the Spa Club to have my eyebrows tamed and a manicure. I hadn't had a mani in awhile, and it felt good. The OPI color I got is called Barefoot in Barcelona. It's a nice neutral brownish-tan color. Here...see for yourself:


Those are not my fingers, but that is my nail color.

After the pampering session, I wandered through a couple of stores, then I went to see a movie. I saw another Oscar Best Picture nominee, Whiplash.






Whiplash is about a kid, Andrew (played by Miles Teller), who attends to a prestigious music academy. Andrew catches the ear of a teacher, Fletcher (played by J.K. Simmons). Fletcher invites Andrew to be in the studio band where he proceeds to mind-f*** the kid to no end. Fletcher is horrible to Andy but he also pushes Andy's competitive spirit to the maximum. The kid literally plays the drums until his hands bleed. Fletcher also pushes Andy so hard that eventually Andy just loses his shit on Fletcher. It's all awesome, including the epic finale.

After the movie I just did some grocery shopping and came home. I watched the end of the Rolling Stones documentary Crossfire Hurricane. Then MT got home and we watched the Ashton Kutcher movie Guess Who.

Suddenly it was 9:00, so I thought I'd come write about my day. It has been nice but a little lonely.  Aren't I they whiny girl tonight?

Hope you are all having a good weekend! Talk to you tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Kteach said...

I like the name of the nail polish, and the color too :)

Kteach said...

I like the name of the nail polish, and the color too :)