Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#1361 Jazz/Clippers in SLC

This afternoon I got an email at work from the Utah Jazz saying that they were giving away free tickets to Granite employees for the game tonight against the LA Clippers. I decided to check it out. I figured they would be upper bowl seats, probably way at the top. When I clicked on the link that was provided and clicked "Best Available Seat" I got lower bowl, section 17 row 12! Yahoo!

I invited T to come with me, but he very responsibly told me that he had too much homework to do so he was going to stay home. I called MT and tempted him with the seats and the fact that he would finally get to see Blake Griffin play and he was in.

MT has wanted to see Blake play in person for four years - that's as long as Griffin has been in the league. Every time we have gone to see the Jazz and Clippers, something has been wrong with Blake and MT has missed out. MT first noticed Blake in the NCAA tournament five years ago and thought he was a beast then. Blake didn't have a dominant game tonight, but it was fun to see him so close.

The Jazz did not win tonight. The Clippers are a much better, established team, but they only beat the Jazz by five points. It was a good game, close all the way. It would have been great for the Jazz to pull it together and get the win, but it wasn't meant to be tonight. Lots of fun, though.

As a side note, I feel like absolute hell tonight. I have an infection in my girlie area and I am miserable. I have gone to the doctor and been prescribed some medicine, but the pharmacy didn't have it ready when I went to pick it up before the game :( I'll have to go to the pharmacy first thing in the morning. I can't stand another day with this pain.

And now it is way past my bedtime, but sometimes you have to sacrifice some sleep to punch a fun ticket.

No comments: