Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#1368 weekend recap

I know that it's Tuesday and the weekend has passed, but I didn't have a chance to write about it on Sunday (because it was late and I was grouchy), so I'll write about it now.

MT's brother Kelly and his wife, Denise, came down from Pocatello to spend the weekend with us. They got here on Friday night and left on Sunday afternoon. Kelly has a business in which he remodels homes and his specialty is bathrooms. He redoes a lot of bathrooms. He can do pretty much anything. His main purpose in coming down was to help MT with the new property, aka The Rambling Rambler or RR. Having Denise here was a total bonus for me!

On Friday night we stayed up late talking and laughing. They told us a bit about their upcoming trip to Mexico - they leave in two weeks - and we talked about the RR and what we had been doing.

On Saturday the menfolk went over to the RR and worked. Denise and I went over around noon to pick them up for lunch. After lunch, Denise and I went shopping. She wanted to buy some new swimming suits for her trip, so we went to Kohls. They had some cute suits. I just bought a new shirt and a scarf.

That evening, we went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, then we went to Wiseguys Comedy Club. There were three/four comics performing; the headliner was the Sklar Brothers.  I've never seen comedians onstage together. These guys are identical twins and they finish each other's sentences and totally riff off each other. They did a lot of sports humor which I thoroughly enjoyed. They did a bit where one of them was Charles Barkley and the other was Shaq. Damn funny. The Sklar Bros also did a very funny breakdown of the Christmas song Santa Claus is Coming to Town and talked about how the song terrified their children.

I had never been to Wiseguys, but I would like to go back to see other shows. It was fun, funny and not too expensive.

We enjoyed having Kelly and Denise over for the weekend. I hope that we can do it again :)

I finished a book! Please check out the 2105 Reading List page.


1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I saw those guys on Conan!