Tuesday, March 17, 2015

#1394 no leprechauns at my house






My family isn't Irish, so St. Patrick's Day is nothing more to us than wearing a green shirt. I was never one for drinking green beer or going out to party. Well, maybe in college, but what made March 17 different than any other day? (heehee)

I was surprised, therefore, when some people at work were talking about how the leprechaun came to their house. Apparently, the leprechaun decorates and pees in the toilet (it's green) and sometimes leaves "gold" coins for the kids. That never happened in my house. Of course, my mom is Spanish, so why would it?

One time for St. Patrick's Day I made corned beef. It was not delicious at all when I made it. There's a guy at work who has made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day lunch and it was phenomenal.

I was going to make Irish soda bread tonight, but I changed my mind. I might like to try it sometime though. The recipe I chose seemed like it would be easy. I've been told the bread is pretty dense, so I better make some type of stew or something to go with it, don't you think? We'll see.


~~~~~~

I finished this book today! Please check out the 2015 Reading List page.

No comments: