Friday, April 24, 2015

#1420 Bruce Jenner

A couple of things tonight:

First, after I wrote on Wednesday, I went to the Stats option of this blog. i like to see the countries that are checking in. Always, always, always, the United States has had the most views except for last month. There were over 500 views from Poland. Hello Poland! The U.S. was a close second, but it was the only time I can remember another country having more views than the U.S. It was pretty cool :)

~~~

Tonight is very rainy here. T was out with his friends, so MT and I were just hanging out. We were watching basketball, but then we decided to watch the Bruce Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer. Now, neither MT nor I keep up the Kardashians, but we both remember Bruce Jenner the Olympic champion. We've seen the magazine pictures of Bruce and heard the rumors that he was transitioning to a woman, but we haven't really paid attention. MT mentioned something about the interview, so I changed the channel.

I'm glad we watched the interview. It was interesting. I felt like Bruce was open and forthcoming and I really liked him. I thought he was brave to talk about his transition on TV like that and I thought Diane Sawyer was respectful and asked good questions. During the interview I was looking at Twitter and most of the tweets I saw were supportive of Bruce, too. MT was interested and also mentioned that he thought Bruce was brave and that he was probably "doing a good thing" by giving the interview.

I think that when people are happy, society is a better place. To me, it doesn't matter if you love someone of your own sex or the opposite sex. I think people should be who they are and if Bruce feels like he was born with the wrong parts, I'm all for his right to become the person he wants to be.

Good for you, Bruce Jenner!


No comments: