Wednesday, April 22, 2015

#1419 MT does dinner and I get a peek at high school life

My plan was to get back to the gym tonight and go to a cycling class, but the plan was thwarted by a late night at work. I think I've mentioned that there is a new person doing the billings and she had a spot of trouble with it today. Sometimes that kind of thing happens. No big deal.

MT wasn't feeling well today and stayed home from work. Since I got home late, and he had been home all day, I asked him what was for dinner. That's fair, right? He provided for us by going down the street to the burger joint. Good enough.

I have been sitting on the couch, watching TV and reading since I got home. Talk about lazy. I am feeling better - a little bit better every day. It is definitely time to get back into the exercise habit. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been to the gym. Last week I didn't go at all because I was sick and then I was out of town. I've been four times this month. I have to get there four more times by the end of the month or my pass doesn't pay for itself.

Oh shoot. I was sitting here watching the Spurs and Clippers and thinking I should get ready for bed, but now I'll have to wait. T just got in the shower. It will be at least 20 minutes before he gets out of there.

That reminds me of a funny thing I witnessed today. I was at Subway getting a sandwich for lunch. There were three high school girls in front of me, talking amongst themselves. Suddenly, one of them stops talking and stares intently at the parking lot. "Oh great," she says. "There's Jeremiah with Amy." One of the other girls says, "Awkward."

The three of them pointedly look away as Jeremiah and Any walk in and get in line behind me. They are talking together, when Jeremiah quietly, "Oh boy. Look who's here." At that, the blond girl in front of me who noticed Jeremiah and Amy coming in looks over. Amy perkily says, "Hi Sadie!'

Sadie, the blond girl, says, "Oh, you changed your mind, huh?"

Amy: "No, actually. I was kidnapped."

Sadie: "You were kidnapped? How fun! Give me a hug!" The two girls hug. Sadie's two friends do not look amused. Jeremiah doesn't say anything. Sadie goes back to her friends and proceeds to talk really loudly while Jeremiah and Amy stand quietly behind me.

The three girls sat down to eat. Amy and Jeremiah got the hell out of there as soon as they could.

It was an interesting display of high school relationships. On the way back to the office I thought about the interactions I had seen and wondered about Sadie, Amy and Jeremiah. Certainly there was some history there between them.

Does seeing stuff like that make you wonder about people and what has happened between them?

T's still in the shower, or at least still in the bathroom, but I'm out of words tonight. Talk to you on Friday.






No comments: