Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#1443 two things that aren't worthy of me

Back in January, I did an exercise where I found a word to help guide me through the year. The word I chose was WORTH. I think about my word fairly often, like when I'm buying myself something to wear or something to eat. I ask myself, "Is this thing worth the money? Is it worth the WW points plus? Is it worthy of me?"

Tonight I had to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I was pretty hungry, even though I knew I was going home to make spaghetti for dinner. I thought that I might enjoy some ice cream which is very unusual for me because I don't care that much for ice cream. I wandered over to the ice cream aisle and looked at several different items. There was an chocolate covered ice cream bar with caramel and pretzels. There was a chocolate creamsicle. There was salted caramel gelato. There was a tiny little Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream container. Mmm...cookie dough. I put it in the cart, feeling pretty pleased.

My beloved iPhone was sitting in my purse and it caught me eye. Not because there was a message or a missed call, but because the sight of my phone reminded me of the WW app and it's scanner feature. I decided to scan that little box of ice cream to find out the points plus value of it. That little tiny container was 8 points plus. I decided it wasn't worth it and I put it back. I decided that I didn't like ice cream enough to spend the 8 PP on it. I was pretty proud of myself.

Here's another thing I'm proud of and will continue to be a work in progress. A week ago Tuesday morning, I decided I wouldn't drink soda anymore. I even wrote in my journal at 6:42 AM that I was done drinking soda. It's been eight days now without a soda. It's a one-day-at-a-time thing, but so far so good. I do miss the bubbles. I tried drinking some sparkling water but I just don't like the taste. i have been drinking lots of water. When I want caffeine, I drink chai tea or an Arnold Palmer (tea with lemonade).  Wish me luck on keeping to the soda-free path. I'm not exactly sure what spurred my decision to stop drinking soda; i guess it was just time.

:)

No comments: