Saturday, May 23, 2015

#1446 Saturday with Sandy

Today has been a pretty good day. I'll tell you about it and share a couple of photos.

I started out going to WW. I was up .8 lb. I wasn't too surprised. I did well with the eating early in the week, but not as well toward the end. Last Saturday the WW scale said I was down two whole pounds, and I didn't think it was right. I think today's number was accurate.

There were three extremely ripe (black) bananas waiting for me to turn them into banana bread, so I mashed them up and made the bread. I put lots of chocolate chips in it for T. It tastes good and it was pretty, too.






I did a dumb thing when I was putting in my laundry last night. I buy these lavender dryer packets to make my clothes smell nice. There were three packets in my bedroom and I put them on top of the dirty clothes in the basket, but promptly forgot about them when I loaded the clothes into the washing machine. This morning when I went to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer, the three lavender packets had broken open and there were little lavenders all over the washer and my clothes. It looked like a jillion little bugs and kind of scared me at first until I realized what I had done. At least it all smelled good.

This afternoon T and I went to Target to buy a couple of things. When my BFF LA was here a couple of weeks ago, one of the things she really wanted to find was a white denim vest. She didn't find one and felt very sad. I saw some at Target today, so I texted her to see if she wanted me to get one for her. I wasn't sure what size she would want since I only saw medium or XXL. Typically she would take the medium, but it looked really small to me, so I asked T to try it on. It was worth the $10 I had to pay him to slip it on, because look at his face! (I had to take the photo to send to LA so she could get an idea of the sizing.)





I also found a measuring tape at the store and took the vests measurements. I went back tot he rack and found an XL. It will be a bit big for her, but I hope that she will like it.

By the way, T said I could share this photo :)

In the afternoon, the rain let up and the sun came out, so I took the opportunity to plant some geraniums that I purchased a few weeks ago. I love red geraniums and now I have some brightening up the deck.




The flowers look great, but the leaves are a bit thin. I think they will fill in. I planted some last year and they looked like this at first, but soon enough you couldn't even see the dirt because they thrived.



Tonight MT, T and I went to see Pitch Perfect 2, or as it may have been alternately called, The Fat Amy Show. Not that I have a problem with that at all: Rebel Wilson is awesome. I thought the film was pretty hilarious. I loved the first one, and this second one had some really funny lines and moments.  We were all giggling through the whole show. The music was good, too. The riff-off scene was very entertaining.

Now it's 11:30. T is here and a couple of his friends are spending the night. I think they will be "sparring" in the basement, then watching movies. I'm going to bed. I've had a day full of fun. :)

1 comment:

Kteach said...

Nice geraniums. Nice picture of T :) nice looking banana bread.

I saw the movie too, I think I liked the first one better but it was OK, had some funny spots.