Saturday, August 22, 2015

#1506 just the way I like it

It's been a nice relaxing day. I slept in a little bit - got my seven hours of sleep! - went to the WW meeting - no comment - then spent most of the rest of the day at home chillin'.

MT decided not to work at the fixer upper today. Instead, he focused his energy on some stuff here at home that needed to be done. While he was doing stuff outside like whacking weeds, fixing the deck and cleaning the garage, I was working on the inside of the house. The whole downstairs needed some attention with the broom, the swiffer and a dust cloth, so that's where I focused my energy. I hooked up my iPod to some speakers and jammed out while cleaning up. I spent about 90 minutes or so (I even vacuumed the stairs) and I felt good about my efforts when it was done.

I made a pretty simple lunch, then T and I went to Target to pick up school supplies and a few other things. T had to work today and when he left, I laid down on the couch, turned on the TV and took a little nap. MT came in, flopped down on the love seat and took a nap, too.  It felt good!

This evening I watched two movies. I've seen both of them before, but it had been awhile. The first was Something's Gotta Give and the second was The DUFF.  I like them both.

Sometimes a nice quiet Saturday is exactly what you need.


1 comment:

Kteach said...

I did a lot less :)