Wednesday, March 2, 2016

#1613 happy birthday Dr. Seuss

Don't you just love Dr. Seuss books? I remember reading these awesome books when I was helping my little sister learn how to read, and I remember reading them with T when he was learning to read: Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and of course, The Cat in the Hat.

I like everything about Dr. Seuss books. I like the art, I like the rhymes and I like the positive messages.

Theodore Geisel would have celebrated his 112th birthday today. How is it possible he has been gone for nearly 25 years?

I was just looking at this website and I was delighted to see all the titles, some I had forgotten like Yertle the Turtle. So fun!!

Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss quote? I don't know if I could narrow it down to one. I use this one on the header of this blog:

I think of this one whenever something really great, like vacation is over:

I think of this one quite a lot:


And then there is this one that I should keep in mind more often, especially when I'm feeling blue or schlumpy:


Thank you, Dr. Seuss, for giving us so many wonderful words and images!

No comments: