Sunday, March 6, 2016

#1617 fixer upper: lots of progress

I cannot believe that I haven't written about the progress on the fixer upper since early January (post #1579). MT has done so much work on the place in February! It is really coming together. We are actually starting to feel like this project might eventually end. We are still unsure about whether we will try to sell the house or use it as a rental property. Our realtor, Bruce, says he is certain he can sell if for a good price. I imagine we will try to sell it and see what kind of response we get. If the price isn't right, we will rent it. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We are still a couple of months away from making that decision, I think.

In the meantime, let me show you the progress.

For one thing, MT has laid down the tile in the entry and kitchen. He used big square tiles and they look great since the room is wide and long.

tile in the front entry and through the kitchen
He has also built the counter-tops for the kitchen. Since I took these photos, he has put the formica on the counter-tops and he installed the sink today, but I didn't go over there today. I'll have that photo next week.

kitchen with counter-tops and tile floor
Last time I wrote about the house on Jan 3, I showed photos of the master bedroom, bathroom and closet. It looked pretty skeletal and not nice. Look at it now:

master bedroom, painted and lights installed

master bedroom 

master bedroom closet is coming together
master bath is coming together

tile in the master bath shower


1 comment: