Saturday, May 7, 2016

#1663 morning, afternoon and evening

Today has been pretty eventful. I started out at the gym doing a spinning class then I went straight to WW. The good news is that my pounds were down, I think .8, but the bad news was that our leader, Gina, won't be our leader anymore. Granted, we all knew she was temporary and that she was actively trying to find someone to take over our meetings, but I really like her and I wish she wasn't going. I got a little teary. The WW leader makes a big difference. Most of the leaders I've had have been nice ladies but they lacked verve and pep and enthusiasm. Before Gina, my favorite leader was Jackie and she's in my mom and dad's town! I asked Gina if our new leader was a clone of her, but she just laughed.

This afternoon was my first official day as a guide at Red Butte Garden. I get to be a docent in the Courtyard Garden for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoons. The sky was dark and cloudy and there was thunder and you could see the storm clouds move across the valley to the mountains where the Garden is. I did get to talk to some people and I even knew a flower's name and told some people who were wondering about the plant. Then it started to rain, so I went into the visitor's center and looked at the art work and sat down for awhile. I wasn't sure if I should leave or what, so I stayed. When it stopped raining I went back outside. Out there I wasn't sure whether to sit or roam around, so I did a little of both. I said hi to everyone who looked my way. One man asked how the garden got their wisteria to grow and bloom so beautifully. I don't know that kind of stuff. They are professional gardeners. Maybe it's the soil and the way the wisteria is planted and tended and the breezes are just right and the sun warms them just so. Probably the answer is something like the roots are facing south and have a northeasterly growing pattern. Seriously! Gardeners talk like that. 

Tonight is kind of weird. I'm alone and it's been awhile since I was home alone. MT went to Pocatello to attend the funeral of his cousin. T is at his senior prom. I have a couple of photos, but I don't want to post them until he sees them and says it's ok to share.

Actually I was kind of looking forward to my evening alone. I've watched the TV I wanted to watch without anyone sighing and saying, "Would you just choose between basketball or Ghost Adventures already?" or "Are you planning to watch another episode of Gilmore Girls?" Well, no one ever really says those things out loud, but I hear it in the sigh.

I decided I wanted to clean up the dishes in the sink and start the dishwasher when I was sure I heard a knock on the front door. It scared me. Of course I didn't answer it, but I creeped up to the door and peered out the peephole. I didn't see anyone. It made me jumpy though. Maybe I need to cut down on the Ghost Adventures when I'm home alone.

Now that my writing is done, I think I'll go back downstairs to watch another episode of Gilmore Girls. T has my car and I know they will be coming back here to change before going to a post prom party. I'll try to stay up until he gets home with my car. I hope they are having a great time. He and his date looked so beautiful and happy and excited. I admit...I got teary. Ugh. How embarrassing. I just couldn't help it. My baby looked so handsome in his tuxedo and his date was stunning. I'm pretty sure I've never looked that gorgeous EVER.

Gotta go. Stars Hollow is calling. :)


No comments: