Thursday, May 26, 2016

#1682 busy day

My mom, sister and I did a bunch of running around today and I'm tuckered out! We took Dad to dialysis and then we had to go to the store to pick up a few snacks for Dad to have during his treatment. We had purchased stuff last night, but the paperwork from the clinic said not to bring any food or drink. It's pretty ridiculous. He's there for about four hours. He's gonna need a little snack and a beverage during that time. The nurses at the clinic told us that we could bring the supplies.

By then it was time for us to have some lunch. We went downtown to Les Madeleines. It's a restaurant and bakery that has delicious sandwiches and pastries. We all had the Paris sandwich - very simple ham and cheese with butter on amazing French bread - then we outdid ourselves by having their signature pastry, the Kouign Amann, for dessert.

I'll just take a quick second to talk about the Kouign Amann. It features layers of soft, flaky buttery dough on the inside. The outside is crunchy with caramelized sugar. Every bite has an element of soft, crunchy, sweet and just slightly salty. It's a taste sensation. Even though this amazing treat is pretty easily available to me, I limit myself to a couple a year, if that, because I wouldn't want to spoil my taste for these incredible pastries due to over-familiarity. Plus I would weigh about 423 pounds if I went to Les Madeleines too often.

After lunch we zipped up to the University area to scout out parking and drop-off points for the graduation ceremony tomorrow. Have I mentioned that T is graduating from high school on Friday? Then it was back to South Jordan to pick up Dad. Lizzie and I took them to the hotel, then we came to my house. Lizzie chilled for a bit while I went to the grocery store for a couple of last minute items. I cooked dinner - simple pasta with meat sauce, salad and garlic bread - and that was pretty much it for me.

MT's parents are here from Idaho. My parents and sister are here from California. T has attended his last high school class. I guess it's time for the next step...graduation.

Big day tomorrow!

No comments: