Tuesday, June 28, 2016

#1700 the power of sleep

After I bragged about how great I slept at the reunion, I absolutely could not sleep when we returned home. Sunday night I went to bed at my regular time, around 10PM, but I wasn't in my routine because the book I was reading on my Nook wasn't available. It had to be renewed. It had renewed automatically on my paperwhite Nook, but not the older one.

#bookwormworries #nerdproblems

I tried some relaxation sounds like white noise, but it didn't help. Whenever my eyes would close and I thought I would sleep, BAM! My eyes popped right back open and I was awake. I flipped and flopped around until around 1AM when I decided to go downstairs. I ate some toast and watched some TV and about an hour later, I was ready to try again. I finally got to sleep around 2AM. My alarm went off at 5:30AM. I was a mess on Monday, just totally out of it.

Usually I go to spinning class on Monday evening, but there was absolutely no way I could have done the class last night. I might have fallen right off the bike! Instead I stayed home and took it easy and got to bed a little early. I slept great. Felt much better today.

Not being able to sleep is the worst! It used to be that I would get in bed and fall asleep right away and sleep soundly through the night. Now I have to get up to go to the bathroom at least once or let the dog out. I get hot. I get cold. Something itches. MT snores. T's not home and I jump at every sound. GRRR I'm getting old!

I'm feeling pretty tired right now. I think I'll get ready for bed.

Good night!

No comments: