Friday, July 1, 2016

#1702 (non) foodie Friday


Happy July everyone!

I've been feeling like a bad food-preparer-of-the-family lately. I've been keeping myself busy in the evenings with going to the gym or to RBG, and I haven't been cooking very often. I know that MT and T and grown-ass men, or nearly so, but it makes me feel bad when they are scavenging for food to have for dinner. Truthfully, if they really looked for it, there is always plenty of stuff in the house to eat, but some of the foods we have on hand require more preparation than they are willing to do. I shouldn't feel bad about that, but I do. It affects me too. When I don't cook, I don't have leftovers to take to work for lunch then I end up not taking anything and going out, or taking something from home that I might not really be in the mood for.

After giving this dilemma some thought, I decided that I should try to prepare some meals on the weekends that can be cooked in the slow-cooker or warmed up easily on the stove or in the microwave. A couple of years ago I bought a cookbook with make-ahead recipes and there are a jillion ideas out there on Pinterest. It would be pretty easy to make double batches of stuff that we eat regularly like tacos or spaghetti.

Since I've got an extra day to play with this weekend, I have set a goal for myself to look for some recipes that I would like to eat (and therefore prepare) and make a couple of things on Sunday and/or Monday. It will require some planning and prep, but I think it will be worthwhile. MT would be willing to heat food up in the microwave. I'm not sure about the man-child. I guess he'll do it if he doesn't want to part with his money to feed himself. :)

July is an odd-numbered month, so I plan to write every day. Hopefully I will have interesting things to say most days. I don't have too many things planned for the month, like trips or cool events, but I do have lots of things that I'd like to do written in my spiffy new planner pages.

Talk to you tomorrow!

~~~~~~

I read this book! Check out the 2016 Reading List page.



No comments: