Sunday, July 3, 2016

#1704 no steps for that bike ride

The company I work for is having a health challenge in July. If I walk 8,000 steps every day in July, they will give me a $10 iTunes gift card. For some reason, I am obsessed with getting that gift card. I know it's not anything that I couldn't get for myself, but if someone gives it to me, it's more fun!

The first two days of the month I reached 8,000 steps, no problem. Today I decided to go for a bike ride. I rode over 12 miles and it was good. It was definitely work. The ride out was great. I had a tailwind and it was a smooth easy ride. Coming back, you guessed it, I had a headwind. Not as much fun. It only took me 28 minutes to ride the six plus miles out, but it took me 42 minutes to get back. I had to gear down and work to get back. I even stopped once along the way - I don't think I've done that before. My legs were tired. I was so happy to see the car!

I felt great about completing the ride. My Fitbit gives me some steps for non-walking activity, but for my 12 mile ride, I got ZERO steps! ZERO!! That's kind of disappointing, don't you think?

After dinner I went out for a walk to get all my steps. It was a nice walk. I started out going uphill into the wind, so the way back home was downhill with the wind behind me. It was good. I did get all my steps in and two workouts, so that's good.

~~~~~~

I just finished this book! Check out the 2016 Reading List page





No comments: