Sunday, July 24, 2016

#1724 three things: sleep, pillow and bike ride

There are three things on my mind today...

1. Sleeping in on Sunday. This behavior/habit is really in the simple pleasure category. Sunday is the only day of the week that I don't set an alarm to wake up. I go to bed at whatever time I want on Saturday night and I sleep until whenever I wake up on Sunday morning. It feels decadent and wonderful. Last night I was in bed just after 11pm and I woke up just after 9am today. AHHHH. When I do wake up, I don't jump out of bed and scurry around either. This morning I played with my beloved iPhone, looking at Facebook and Twitter and my email and playing a couple of games. (I'm addicted to backgammon.)


2. A new pillow. Last night's sleep aside, sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep. This is especially true during the work week, which is weird because work has been pretty chill for awhile. I was texting about it with my mom and sister, and my mom suggested that I get a new pillow. It's true that my pillow is in terrible shape. I scrunch it up and punch it down and it's all lumpy and misshapen. My mom just got a new pillow and I think I'm going to get the same one. It's kind of pricey, but I did receive an Amazon gift card for my birthday that I can use (thanks Mia!). I'll let you know how it goes.

3. My bike ride. Today was the perfect conditions for me to go on a bike ride. I have criteria. First, it can't be too windy. Second, it has to be over 70 degrees. I guess that's about it. This morning it was a little bit cooler than it has been and the smoke from the fire on Antelope Island seemed to have cleared up a little. When I finally rolled out of bed (see above) and checked out the weather situation, I knew it was the day to ride. I attached my bike rack to my car and headed over to the Legacy Parkway bike trail. I had a destination in mind and achieved it easily. On the way back, I took a detour. I saw a bike path that was paved nice and smooth and off the road, so I rode along that. It's parallel to Legacy, so I figured it would eventually turn and join up with the main trail. It didn't. I ended up riding through nice neighborhoods, then on a busy road with live traffic until I finally ended up back on Legacy. I won't be doing that again, but it was kind of nice to have a change of scenery. My final totals: 16.3 miles, one hour and seventeen minutes. I think I might have been a little faster if I hadn't detoured. I went slow through the neighborhoods because I wasn't sure what I'd find (dogs, traffic, etc). Overall it was a good ride and I was glad to be on my bike! I bet I'll sleep good tonight. I'm pretty tired.

I hope you all had a nice weekend! It's a holiday in Utah today, so we get an extra day off this weekend. Feeling good about it! Think I might play nine holes of golf tomorrow to celebrate :)

~~~~~~



I read these two books! Check out the 2016 Reading List page for reviews.

No comments: