Friday, September 9, 2016

#1752 pet peeves are stupid

Every couple of weeks or so we do a team-building exercise at my work with our department. We call if 15 Minute Friday. We have note cards with fun questions that are meant to help us get to know our co-workers better. We usually have cookies and it's a very relaxed and nice atmosphere.

Enter my pet peeve. There are many, many cards with questions on them. The idea is to walk in, take a card and a cookie and have a seat. There are some people, though, who stand at the card table reading a bunch of cards and choosing the question. Why? All of the questions are innocent and fun - just take a damn card and sit the hell down! It seriously drives my insane and makes me close to losing my shit. I have tried to ignore it or look away or come in late when everyone has got a card and has sat down. Today I went in with a couple of other people, and sure enough, there was this one person standing there flipping through dozens of cards. I couldn't stand it. I was all, "For God's sake! Pick a card!" Everyone laughed but I was so annoyed I had to get up and leave the room.

I know it's stupid. I know I shouldn't let it get to me. But it's a pet peeve and  I can't help the way I feel. The bad part is that I am starting to hate 15 Minute Friday because of my pet peeve. What should be a fun little break isn't that at all for me. As much as I like to hear the answers to the questions and giggle a little, it's not really worth it to lose my temper over such a dumb little thing. I wish I could get over it, but pet peeves...what can you do?

As kind of a funny ending to today's episode, the card I ended up with had this question: What is the thing that annoys you the most? I just rolled my eyes and sat down.  - SIGH -

No comments: