Wednesday, September 28, 2016

#1771 three things: work trip edition

Today I was thinking about three things about my work trip.

1. No mascara. Last week I forgot to pack my toothbrush. This week I forgot to bring along my mascara. I was so bummed out when I found out it was missing on Tuesday morning, but there wasn't really anything I could do about it. I mean I guess I could have found a Walgreens or something, but I decided to embrace my inner Alicia Keyes and go #nomakeup. Well, that's not even true. I did put on a bit of eye shadow because my eyelids are not pretty. (They are kind of pink.) When I got to work, no one said anything because I was ill with the cold so people just stayed away from me for the most part except for Ric who told me that I looked a whole lot better than I had on Monday. I have to admit that I don't mind not putting on makeup in the morning!

2. No joy from my pink shirt. I brought a pink t-shirt with me that I bought at Old Navy. I really like the color and the style. It's loose and comfy and cute. Or so I thought until I put it on this morning. It just hung on me, slipping off my shoulders and looking slovenly. I decided it did not spark any joy in me. I took it off and put on a different shirt and felt a lot better. The pink shirt has to go. Thanks Japanese anti-clutter lady.

3. We are creatures of habit. At the meeting I am attending, I noticed that the people sit where they sat the day before. Because I wasn't feeling well yesterday, I put myself in exile and sat at a table by myself. Today I felt better and wanted to sit at the "big kid's table". There was an empty space between a couple of people, so I said that I would sit there. The people on either side of the empty space said, "That's Ron's seat!" even though Ron wasn't there yet. I just smiled and went to my exile table. I really don't mind my exile table. I spread out all my stuff and I have an extra chair where I can put my feet up and it's pretty deluxe. I thought about moving when some of the attendees left, but decided to stay put.

I was thinking about the seating though, and I realized that people sitting in the same seat for every meeting is kind of a thing. We have a safety meeting once a month and I can almost always guess (or remember) who is going to sit where. I like to try to sit in a different seat every time because it throws people off. In order to do that, though, you have to be on the early side, and I'm usually the person who strolls in about a minute before the meeting is going to start, so I take what I can get. I usually get the same seat I had last time.

Two quick things:

My sister is here!

I feel a lot better today! I think my cold is about done!

No comments: