Sunday, December 18, 2016

#1812 bookworm worries

I am so freaking annoyed right now that I cam crying and blubbering all over my computer desk. One of my most favorite things to do in the whole wide world is reading. I don't buy many books, but I have been happily getting ebooks from the library which I download through the libary's website onto the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on my PC. Then I hook up my Nook to the computer and boom, I have library books.

Now the library has a new ebook program called Overdrive. I can still borrow the ebooks, but I am having a hell of a time getting those damn books into ADE. I realized that the ADE download I had was a very old edition, so I downloaded the latest edition, hoping it would work nicely with the souped-up Overdrive. It doesn't. I've tried just about everything I can think of. I'm not a computer genius, but I can usually figure this shit out. Not tonight, not a few nights ago, nothing. It has reduced me to a quivering mass of jelly.

Another option is to download the Overdrive app to the ereader. However, it seems that my Nook refused to download the app. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because my Nook Color is a first gen and it has always given me trouble when I've tried to use the browser. I finally managed to get the Google Play store open on the Nook; I got signed in and I tried to install the Overdrive app, but the damn thing just sat there, no even acknowledging that I pushing the Install button. My little Nook paperwhite doesn't even let me browse to find the app. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm very cranky and sad and pissy and I pretty much want to throw everything across the room. And I wonder where my kid gets his temper from. Probably his cranky redheaded mother.

I managed to install the Overdrive app on my beloved iPhone and I even got a book from the library loaded on there! But who wants to read a whole book on a little iPhone screen?

This is why I should only read real books. These ereaders will just break your heart when technology won't play nice with people who can't figure the shit out.

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I feel for you but can't help you, sorry! :(