Saturday, March 18, 2017

#1840 Saturday with Sandy: coffee, Copper Creek and cheesecake

My Saturday starts with Weight Watchers. I'm currently going to the 10AM meeting; there is also an 8AM meeting that I may go back to eventually. I like the 10AM group so it works for me right now, plus I get to sleep in a little.

After the meeting (no weight change this week and I'm okay with that) I came back home, picked up T and we went to Starbucks. He had his frappuccino, I had my chai latte. We enjoyed our beverages separately: T went upstairs to do homework while I sat downstairs and read a novel. Later, T asked me to help him with his accounting homework. It was harder than it should have been for someone who has "accountant" in her title at work. I'm not really what I consider an accountant, though. I do accounting-type functions, but it's been awhile (since college) that I had to figure out T-accounts. We got through it though. The thing about the homework is that it is online and you enter the information and click the Check Your Work button. If you have the right answer, a green check mark appears in the box and if not, the incorrect answer is highlighted in red so you can fix it. I don't know how much T learned, but hopefully he learned how to think through the problem and complete the journal entries.

When homework was done, my son and I had a nice talk about the future - his future to be exact. The conversation came about because during the accounting homework, T mentioned that college wasn't for him. I asked him what was for him, if it wasn't college. I told him that if he thought he was going to quit school, even for a semester or a year, he needs to have a plan. He said he would think about what I said. I hope he does.

After all that, I needed to get outside so I went to the fitness center and walked around the outside track. It's a little over a mile. The temperature was around 80 degrees with a slight breeze, so it was absolutely perfect. I was excited because I walked the mile in just over 19 minutes. My time has been coming down every time I walk, so I feel like I'm getting stronger and better.

This evening MT and I went out for dinner to one of our favorite local places, Copper Creek Pub. It's a small sports bar that has a seriously delicious burger. I had the bacon bleu cheese burger (not WW friendly, certainly, but sooooo good!) Every meal I've had at Copper Creek Pub has been extremely good and the service is very good also. We don't go there very much, so it's always a treat.

MT didn't want to sit around at home and watch TV. We talked about going to a movie, but decided instead to go walk around the mall. We had an ulterior motive. MT has always wanted to go to The Cheesecake Factory. I convinced him that he would be happier if he used the gift card he got for Christmas on cheesecake instead of a meal. The place is always so busy at dinnertime and tonight was no exception. It took us at least 20 minutes just to get our cheesecake to go. We got three pieces to share: Oreo dream, key lime and salted caramel. I had a couple of bites of each and I declare the salted caramel to be the best.

I better get back on the WW plan tomorrow for sure!

Now I'm just hanging out at home, flipping the channels between the NCAA tournament and the World Baseball Classic. The U.S. is playing the Dominican Republic in the WBC. Basketball and baseball on the same night? Yes please and thank you!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I do hope he has some idea of what he wants or needs to do if he chooses to quit college. Maybe Community College might be a choice and not as hard as the U for a couple of years?