Tuesday, July 4, 2017

#1903 sad


It has been so wonderful to have a four day weekend! I did a bunch of stuff and I sat around and chilled out, too. Best of both worlds. I feel good and rested and ready to go back to work to do the second quarter close. (That's accounting office talk!)

I feel kind of sad tonight. If you read this blog very often, especially from October to April, you know that I am a die-hard Utah Jazz basketball fan. I have loved and followed the team through the best of times in the Stockton/Malone era, through the rebuilding years and the sudden retirement of Jerry Sloan followed by the down years where winning 20 games was a feat. I watched and crossed my fingers when the Jazz drafted a kid named Gordon Hayward out of Butler University seven years ago and watched him grow into a man and develop his game and become an All Star this year. These last couple of seasons have been so fun to watch, especially this year getting back into the playoffs and even advancing to the second round. I feel (felt) that the team was building toward a brilliant future.

Today Gordon Hayward broke my heart a little when he announced that he was leaving the Jazz to go play for the Boston Celtics. I believe that Gordon Hayward is a good person, bur right now I really don't like him very much. I know that basketball is a business and teams get rid of players and players leave teams, but I didn't think he would leave us. I thought he would listen to what the Celtics and the Heat pitched at him and in the end he would realize that he is the cornerstone of something that could be pretty great here in Utah and he would come back. But no. He's out the door.

In the words of the great Bonnie Raitt:

Maybe someday I'll be able to wish you well
But right now it's just too soon to tell


1 comment:

Pappy1 said...

He needs to do what is best form him, but I think he should have stayed. Can't say I wish him well right now.