Tuesday, October 24, 2017

#1942 make it fit

A few months ago I was chatting with one of the instructors, Lisa, over at my gym. We were talking about exercise and why we do it. I mentioned something about exercising to look good in clothes and about to fit into old clothes I haven't worn for awhile. I remember that she got really excited about my statement and said she wanted to devise a contest around the theme, about being able to fit into an old favorite piece of clothing.

Now she has done it! She calls it the "Make It Fit Challenge." The idea is that you have four months to exercise and eat right and fit back into some piece of clothing. She has photos of people with their non-fitting clothes. The people are just holding their clothing - they are not in the embarrassing position of actually trying to clothes on in the photo that is on display for all to see. (That would be cruel!)  I haven't signed up for the challenge so I don't know all the details.

I have a pair of jeans that I used to wear that I really liked. They were my favorite jeans. I kept them because I used to fit in them and I would like to fit in them again. I pulled them out of storage in January 2016, I think, along with a cute shirt that I used to love. My goal was to be able to wear them by my birthday that year. Didn't happen in 2016. Didn't happen in 2017 either, but I was probably closer in June 2017 than June 2016.

Those jeans and that shirt are still hanging up in my closet. Maybe tomorrow I'll try them on and see how close I am to being able to wear them without squeezing and sucking and hoping a button doesn't pop. It's my own personal little measuring stick; a non-scale victory in the parlance of Weight Watchers.

Updates to follow...

No comments: