Sunday, October 22, 2017

#1941 Sportstober in action

You know I love sports and I love October and I especially love sports in October. Yesterday was my perfect Sportstober day. Check it out:

In the afternoon, the Utes played against Arizona State here in SLC. It was a beautiful, perfect fall afternoon for football. I was not up at the stadium; instead, I was happily planted on my comfy couch watching the game on my big ass TV. Unfortunately, the Utes were TERRIBLE yesterday and lost the game 30-10. The Utes were never a factor in the game. At. All. If I remember right, they were shut out in the first half. I'm frankly they were able to score a touchdown. I think ASU's defense just let that happen out of boredom. I often listen to the coach's press conference on Monday at noon. I'm sure Whittingham won't have anything nice to say about any facet of his team's play yesterday. They were awful. It pains me to say it, but it's the truth.

In the evening, the New York Yankees were playing in Houston against the Astros in Game 7 of theAmerican League Championship Series (ALCS). There is nothing quite like a Game 7 in sports. It's win or go home. The winner of this game gets to move on to the World Series to play the Los Angeles Dodgers. I am a long-time Yankee hater. One of my many sports mottos is that I like any team that is playing the Yankees. I have that same motto for the Dodgers. You can imagine how upsetting a Dodgers- Yankees World Series would be for me. I'd watch, but I wouldn't want either of the teams to win. Of course, in this ALCS, I was rooting for the Houston Astros.

I wasn't able to watch the ALCS though, because MT and I had the opportunity to go watch the Jazz play against the Oklahoma City Thunder! Yay! I will almost always choose to go watch the Jazz play against anyone, and I was especially excited to go to this game. The Thunder have a couple of new superstar players this year in Paul George and Carmelo Anthony. I don't think I have ever seen those two play in person. I think it is fun to see other teams's superstars. I have seen LeBron, Kevin Durrant, Steph Curry, Kobe (he's retired now, but notable). I never got to see Michael Jordan in person. That pains me, but there's nothing for it now.

Anyway, we were guests in the suite and it was great, as always. Yes, the suite has been remodeled and it's different in ways that aren't great, but the seats are padded and comfy and there is food and the dessert cart is nice. It's a good environment. I had a good view of the court and the game was great. The Jazz played really well and beat the Thunder, so I can't complain.

There is a TV in the suite, and when the Jazz game was done, I got to see the last three outs of the
ALCS. Houston won! Now the World Series match-up is set: Houston Astros vs LA Dodgers. Even though I am a National League girl, I will be rooting for the Astros in the Series. For one thing, I don't like the Dodgers, and for another, the city of Houston could use a win this year. It would be a great celebration for the city that has suffered from Hurricane Harvey. I'd like to see that happen. Plus Jose Altuve seems like a good dude and he's fun to watch.




If only the Utes had won or at least played decent, it would have been a perfect sports day. Oh well. It was still pretty great.

1 comment:

Kteach said...

You and Lizzie didn't get your love of sports from me! ;)