Thursday, November 23, 2017

#1968 happy Thanksgiving

It's late and Thanksgiving Day is nearly over, but there is still time to say that I hope you all had a wonderful day with family and friends.

MT, T and I stayed home here in SLC and enjoyed a peaceful day. T delivers newspapers and traditionally the Thanksgiving day paper is the largest of the year. T usually gets done with his route around 5 am, but this morning he got home around 8 am.  He has just over 150 papers to deliver and he says they weighed five pounds each. He had to borrow MT's truck to haul them because the advertising inserts made the papers so heavy and bulky that they couldn't fit in his car.

T spent most of the day sleeping. MT was watching Godless on Netflix. I got in a Zumba class this morning before I started cooking. We didn't have traditional Thanksgiving food. We had a chuck roast that was super tender and flavorful (if I say so myself!), mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, a green salad and the sweet potato casserole that is now a staple for the November and December holidays. In December I need to remember to halve the recipe. There's too many sweet potatoes for just the three of us. I also made an extremely chocolate-y chocolate cake and bought a pecan pie from Trader Joe's. I like a little chocolate, but the cake is over-the-top. MT and T loved it (which is why I made it). The pie is for me!

Tonight the three of us went to see Murder on the Orient Express. I had already seen it, but it was a good movie and I was happy to see it again with the boys.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is ON! Tomorrow I am putting all my Christmas music onto my beloved iPhone. I already pulled out my Christmas movies and I hope that I will get through them all, although I kinda doubt I will. We will be putting out our Christmas decorations over the weekend, writing Christmas cards and maybe even doing a little shopping. Why am I so excited about Christmas this year? I don't really know, but I feel it.



1 comment:

Pappy1 said...

Happy you all had a good family Thanksgiving. Enjoyed our face time on the phone, glad to see you all. We had a pleasant dinner and conversation. Good day.