Thursday, March 1, 2018

#2007 three things: fresh


1. A fresh month. I'm a big fan of the turning of the calendar. It seems like a fresh start is possible. March is one of my favorite months for three reasons (surprised? 3 is the magic number!)

First, it is T's birthday month, so it's automatically a fantastic month because he was born in it.

Second, two words: March Madness. Love it.

Three: it feels like winter may be winding down and that is always a good thing.

2. Fresh goals. Because I feel each month is a fresh start, I set new goals for myself. A major goal this month is to get all the exercise points (250) from my Apple watch provider so I don't have to make a payment for it. Each time I spend at least 30 minutes at the gym is worth 10 points, so I have to get to the gym 25 times this month. Seems like a lot out of 31 days. That means I can only miss six days! There are other ways to get the necessary 10 points, like walking 10K steps a day which I typically don't do unless I go to the gym. When I walk outside I can usually get all the steps, but it's cold and wintery and I don't like it!

Another goal I have this month is to get rid of four lbs. It is a lofty goal. I can't really remember the last time I lost four lbs in a month. It's something to shoot for and I know it's possible. A pound a week. Gotta focus!

I'm sure there will be other non-weight/exercise related goals, but I'm still thinking about it.

3. A fresh storm. The weatherman says that a winter storm warning is in effect for the Salt Lake valley this weekend. The snow is expected to start Friday night and last through Sunday. Well now the weather app is saying rain in the valley on Friday and Saturday and snow on Sunday. Rain in the valley? I can deal with that!

No comments: