Saturday, March 3, 2018

#2008 Saturday with Sandy

I was up late last night watching the Jazz play the pesky Minnesota Timberwolves. The game started at 8:30 and was over around 11 or later. I did fall asleep during the game but woke up for the last five minutes or so. Jazz won!

What I'm saying is that I went to bed later than usual, but for some reason, my eyes flew open at 5AM and I was awake. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't do it, so I looked at stuff on my phone for awhile, then i got up and went to the gym for the 7 AM cycling class.

While I was at the gym, MT left for Idaho. He is in Shoshone working with his brother to make a new bathroom in their other brother's house. Since T is still in Provo, I am enjoying a little quiet time this weekend.

I went to the 10AM WW meeting - down 1.4 lbs this week! I was really happy about my loss, but the real take-away from the meeting was Dan and Harmony. I will write about them on Wednesday. I'll just say that they made me weep. So inspiring and sweet.

After WW, I headed over to Starbucks for a chai latte and some writing time. I listened to some music and wrote and thought about what I'd like to accomplish this month. I enjoyed the time I spent doing this same thing at the end of January and I enjoyed it today as well. It's nice to go somewhere out of the house to write for a change.

When I felt like I had written what I wanted to say and come up with some good goals for the month, it was time for chores. I zipped over to the mall to pick up some stuff for my hair. I'm having a hair dilemma. I was thinking about continuing to grow it out, but then in the mall I saw an older lady with short hair and it looked so good on her that maybe I would rather just have shorter hair. I've got an appointment with Lanna in a couple of weeks, so I have some time to decide.

My next stop was Costco. I needed to buy some ground beef, chicken breasts, eggs, Diet Coke and protein shakes. I hadn't been there for awhile. It was crazy busy. I usually don't go there on Saturday, but it's just as crazy busy on Sunday and I had time today, so I got it done.

By the time I got home, I was hungry! I gave myself the treat of a pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Yummy! While I was feasting on pizza, I watched the Netflix series Queer Eye. It is a reboot of the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy that was on Bravo in the early 2000s. There are eight episodes of the new series; I watched four of them today. The show is completely lovely. I cried and smiled through all four episodes. The new Fab 5 is, in fact, fabulous. They are also beautiful, funny, kind and awesome. If you have Netflix, give the show a look. I'm pretty sure I'll be watching all these episodes again and again.

I probably would have watched all eight episodes, but the Jazz are playing again tonight, and I'm watching that game right now. I am looking forward to getting to bed. I changed the sheets and I have the whole king size bed to myself tonight. Luxury!

A storm is supposed to be coming in, but it hasn't started snowing here yet. When I checked the weather app a little while ago, it says the snow will start around 11PM. Maybe when I get up in the morning there will be a fresh couple of inches of the white stuff on the ground. Then again, maybe not. I'd be okay with not.

Hopefully you are all enjoying your weekend. Be safe and have fun!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

It looks like you had a full day an
d accomplished a bunch of things. Good job! :)