Wednesday, March 21, 2018

#2017 WW Wednesday: don't give up

Not this past Saturday, but the Saturday before, Leader Lana's sister was in our group. One of the other ladies, I think it was Amber, was talking about how she was losing weight so slowly and getting discouraged. We've all been there, so there was a lot of nodding and sympathy murmurs. Lana's sister looked at Amber and said, "...it took me 14 years to lose 100 pounds..."

Those words struck such a chord with me. Obviously. I mean, it's been a couple of weeks and I'm still thinking about it. The thing is that I have been on-off WW for 10 years in June and when I started, my goal was to get rid of 100 pounds. Nearly 10 years down the road and I'm half-way there. I have quit and re-started, fuddled around with it for months at a time, yo-yoing the same five pounds up and down, so hearing Lana's sister speak her truth went straight to my heart and I know that I can do it. Clearly it's gonna take me a lot more time than some other people, but this is my journey and will be done at my pace. But it will be done.

100 pounds is a daunting number. I can't and don't think of it like that. This past month, I have thought only of going down one whole number at a time. So like it I was 109.2, I want my next weigh in to be 108.x. It could be 108.9 and I would be happy because it is down to the next number, even though it wasn't a big loss. So far so good with that plan. I focus on doing the things that will get me down to the next number, which for me is to plan my meals ahead of time and stick to the plan. I haven't been great at it this week, but I'm still trying.

WW has always been about hitting five pound goals. They don't give us little gold stars for our five pounds losses anymore, which I think is wrong. I love those little stickers. When I finally lose this five pounds, I'm totally rewarding myself with a sticker and some nail polish. :)

No comments: