Thursday, March 29, 2018

#2020 three things: vacation, T and baseball


It seems like it's been awhile since there were three things. Here we go!

1. Vacation time (just not for me). A couple of my friends from work are going on vacation tomorrow. One friend is going to Cancun for a week with her family. Ahh Cancun sounds pretty great! The other friend is heading to France. I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure I would like to go there someday.

2, Tristan is home. He successfully completed his program and came home yesterday. I'm glad he is back and I'm hopeful that he will be happy and healthy.

3. Opening Day. Today was one of my favorite days of the year: opening day of the baseball season. There is something so right about Opening Day. It means that spring is here and summer is coming. I love baseball. I love the snap of the ball into the catcher's glove, the crack of the bat against the ball for a solid hit, the way the ball sails through the air from center field to the infield and the roar of the crowd for a double play or a home run. I spent the afternoon listening to the Padres game via the MBL Gameday app and it was wonderful. Even if I wasn't following each play, just hearing the rhythm of the call made me feel happy.

Talk to you on Saturday!


No comments: