Sunday, March 25, 2018

#2019 weekend wrap-up

We started the weekend on Friday night with a drive to Provo to pick up T for the weekend. The trip was fine and uneventful, so that's good.

Saturday morning started early with the 8AM Weight Watchers meeting. I lost 1.4 lbs last week, so I was feeling pretty dang fine about myself. I wasn't expecting to see much of a loss or a loss at all, to be honest. I didn't feel like I had been very diligent last week. I'll have to be especially on-task this week, because sometimes bad habits show up a week late. With the loss on Saturday I did reach my goal of losing four lbs this month, so I am happy about that! I'm only about half a pound away from being down 55 lbs since I started this journey. I sure would like to reach that milestone next Saturday!

It's time to start recording blooms at Red Butte Garden. I'd received an email from Jason in the curation department that my bloom log was ready to be picked up, so I decided that Saturday would be a good day to go up to the garden, take a quick walk around and pick up my pages. I dragged T along with me. He wasn't excited to go, but in the end he had a good time. He listened to music and bopped along as we strolled through the garden. I was admiring the flowers that were blooming and the trees that are starting to bud. He was enjoying being outside. He hasn't really had much outside time in the past few months.

After the garden, we went to Target to pick up a few things. T went directly to the electronics department. He's saving his money to buy an Xbox One, so he wanted to check out the prices. We also spent quality time in the movie department. He hasn't been to a store in a few months either and was pretty excited about all the new movies that were out. We ended up buying a few cheap movies. How is it that I didn't already have a copy of Notting Hill? It's one of my all-time favs. I have it now, and only paid $5. I also got The DUFF for $5. I think T got four movies. They weren't expensive and he was happy. He actually said, "I'm having fun and this makes me happy." Makes me happy, too, kid.

We had take out from Cafe Rio for dinner, then T and MT went to see Tomb Raider. I stayed home and read. I had a basketball game on in the background. I couldn't tell you if it was the Jazz or the NCAA tourney. I think it was the tourney. I was pretty caught up in my book. I did try to watch Ghost Adventures in the night, but I was super-tired and dozed off about half-way through. T did go hang out with some friends for an hour or so, and he was home on time so all was well.

At the beginning of the month I make a list of things I would like to do. For March, I wanted to take a yoga class. There are yoga classes throughout the week at the gym, including one on Sunday morning at 11. Since today is the last Sunday of the month, I figured I'd better get over there and take the class so I could check "Take a Yoga Class" off my list. It's been awhile since I've done yoga. I am not flexible, my balance isn't great and I'm not strong - the three main benefits of yoga. I was a little nervous about the class because of those reasons and because I was worried that my metal knees would hurt when we did poses that involved being on the knees. I got a big puffy mat that I folded over three times and I knelt on that. It was tolerable. Overall, the class was good and I enjoyed it. I exercise regularly and don't get sore very much anymore, but I'm a little sore tonight and in places that I would not have expected. You just use different muscles and stretch a little deeper in yoga positions. I would like to make a weekly yoga class a habit.

This afternoon I mostly read. I had a bunch of things on my to do list, of course, since I didn't do anything remotely resembling chores on Saturday, but I didn't check anything off my list (except go to yoga class!). We took T back to Provo this afternoon. MT and I had a good conversation on the way back home about what our limits are when T comes back home after graduation from the program on Wednesday. It's a new chapter we are starting.

Tonight MT and I watched the Jazz game on TV (Jazz win!) and I read. I'm reading a YA book that is cute and engaging. I needed it after LaRose. (Check out the 2018 Reading page for details.)

Now MT has gone to bed and I'm taking a few minutes to plan my meals for tomorrow and look ahead to next week. March has been such a long month. There are five Fridays in March. Work has been slow for me. I should be happy and savor the slow time because as soon as it gets busy, WHOOSH, it is BUSY. I'm ready for it. Hopefully we'll get going the first week of April.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments: