Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2096 Trader Joe's Tuesday

First of all, sorry about not posting on Sunday. I spent the day napping and reading and the late afternoon into the night being the gate watcher for a wedding at Red Butte Garden. The day kind of floated away on me.

Grocery shopping isn't my favorite thing to do unless I'm doing it at Trader Joe's. I think I have written before about my love for this crazy little grocery store. I can't do all my shopping at TJ's, but I can get cool things there that I can't get at my regular Kroger.

Last time I wrote I mentioned that I wanted to cook. One of the things I want to make is a pizza in my cast iron skillet. I'm hoping it will look a little something like this:


TJ's sells fresh pizza dough in the refrigerator section, so I was planning to go there on Thursday, my planned pizza day, to get the dough. Then I got an email from TJ's that the October Fearless Flyer was out. The Fearless Flyer comes out monthly (?) and lists some new products that are in the store. I took a look at it and decided there was stuff I needed right away. Actually, I didn't need it right away but it was slow at work today so I thought, what the heck?

I got a few things that I get every time I go: dried chicken dog treats, refrigerated pork carnitas, and black bean burritos. I also got the pizza dough, some pepperoni and a blend of four shredded cheeses. Pizza night is gonna be lit!

Here's what I got that was in the Fearless Flyer:


 The check-out guy told me that people ask when this mac & cheese will be available. He told me it is amazing. I was going to have it tonight, but MT got home late and I was worried I'd eat the whole thing by myself, so I'm saving it for another day.


Do you know about the mug cake craze? I've never tried it, but something about the three magic words: CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL made my head spin and my mouth water. I'll probably try it as my weekend dessert. I'll report back.


This donuts are the real reason I had to go to TJ's today. I had worked myself into a frenzy for these apple cider donuts. They did not disappoint. Tender cake donut with just a hint of apple flavor covered in the perfect amount of cinnamon and sugar. I left them out in my car this afternoon, so when I left they were warm. I gobbled one down in less time than it took me to leave the parking lot. I'm thankful these things aren't around all the time. 

I'll be back on Thursday with a report on how my pizza turned out!


No comments: