Thursday, November 8, 2018

#2118 gag

I hate pickles. There is not one good thing I can say about pickles. I don't like the smell, I don't like the taste. I don't like dill flavor. I don't like cucumbers. Pickles are a hard NO for me.

Now picture this:

I'm in the suite at the Jazz game. There is a bucket of kettle cooked potato chips and a thick, delicious looking dip near the bucket. I love me some chips and dip, so I take a crispy, crunchy potato chip and scoop out a nice little dollop of dip, the perfect ratio to the chip. I put the chip/dip combo in my mouth and start to chew. First comes the crispy crunch of the potato chip, then the creaminess of the dip. I was expecting an explosion of ranch flavor to hit my taste buds, but no...

IT WAS DILL. DILL WITH A PICKLE UNDERTONE.

I was surrounded by our clients. I put my hand over my mouth and tried not to gag. I swallowed as quickly as I could, tears squeezing out of my squinched up eyes.

I ran to the fridge and grabbed a Diet Coke, popped the tab, and proceeded to guzzle down about half the can in one go.

MT was staring at me. One of our clients turned away with a slight grimace.

MT asked if I was okay. All I could do was point to the sign. The sign I had failed to see prior to that fateful bite: