Friday, November 9, 2018

#2119 it's gonna happen

The big news in my little world today is that MT and I put down a deposit on our Thailand trip.

We're going to Southeast Asia!

The trip will be in February, and I was looking at my calendar today and February is NOT that far away. I've got a bunch of stuff to do to prepare for this epic adventure including getting visas so we can enter Cambodia, getting linen clothing because I guess it gets pretty hot in Thailand in February and maybe getting a new bathing suit or two since I haven't had a new suit in a couple of trips. There will be other stuff too but those three popped into my head.

I'm excited and nervous and happy and a little overwhelmed. I've been doing research for this trip for a few months and there is still so much to learn.

Quick overview: We'll spend the first few days in Siem Reap, Cambodia, touring Angkor Wat. Then we'll fly to Krabi, Thailand and stay at a fantastic-looking resort for a few days. Next we'll drive (we will ride, but someone will drive us) to Phuket where we'll stay another fantastic-looking resort for a few days. Total days out will be 12 or 13. Like I said, I'm a little overwhelmed tonight and can't even keep it all straight.

Don't worry though. I have created a calendar for myself with the details and over the next couple of months you'll probably get tired of me talking about this trip.

Oh my goodness. This is really happening.