Sunday, January 13, 2019

#2154 weekend wrap-up

I was feeling better today. I am still super-sniffly, my ears are popping, and my voice is sometimes good and sometimes froggy, but I didn't nap today, so that's progress. The naps I took on Friday and Saturday were less I'm-going-to-lay-down-and-rest-now and more I-can't-hold-my-head-up-and-keep-my-eyes-open-any-longer. I heard from one of my co-workers on Friday that she was terribly sick and had to postpone her flight home. A few minutes ago I heard from another co-worker that she fell ill today and wasn't sure she would make it in tomorrow. The crud is going around!

Osi did eat a little bit of food today. Very little, but I'll take what I can get. For her whole life, we have avoided feeding her people food. I was so worried about her that I broke my own rule today. I cooked her a scrambled egg and she ate that. I also had some deli rotisserie chicken that she ate. I managed to sneak some meds into the chicken, so at least she had a little medicine today. You can tell that she has lost weight in the past few days. She easily jumps on the bed and the couch now and her collar and bandana are much more loose around her neck. Her eyes even look a little bigger, but maybe I'm imaging that.

Last Sunday and today (also Sunday) I got back into the habit of cooking a couple of meals. Last week I made lasagna roll-ups, which is basically lasagna but instead of layering the meat and cheese and pasta, you spread the meat sauce and the ricotta mixture on a single piece of lasagna, then roll that piece up so you have one perfect serving of lasagna. It wasn't any more work than regular lasagna and we all liked it a lot. I loved the portion size aspect because I always eat too much.

I also made a white chicken chili that MT really liked. It had a little spicy kick, but not enough to damage his delicate tum-tum.

Today I made a very simple chicken soup. MT doesn't like it as much as last week's soup which is okay. I also cooked a chuck roast and made another pasta dish, this time with the same meat sauce as last week (a fresh batch) over penne covered with mozzarella. Simple and yummy and there's plenty for easy meals, both lunch and dinner, throughout the week. 

Doing the cooking for the week on Sunday is kind of a hassle, but I find when I don't do it, figuring out what to have for lunch and dinner during the week is also a hassle. The three of us like it when there is food in the fridge. I even write what is available on a little white board so the boys don't have to ask me what's available. Very handy.

Yesterday I finished my first two books of the year! There is a 2019 Reading tab at the top of the page. You can click it to get info about what I've read.

Hope y'all had a great weekend and that you're feeling good and ready to start the third week of January!

No comments: