Friday, January 11, 2019

#2153 under the weather

Yesterday at work I felt a cold coming on. My head was stuffy and I was sneezing and coughing. This morning when I woke up, my voice was not normal. Words were cutting out and my voice was rough. I felt okay as I was laying in bed, except for the voice and scratchy throat, but then I stood up to get ready for the day and I was very dizzy. I decided to stay home today.

I went right back to sleep and stayed that way for hours.

Most of the day was spent on the couch. I watched Demon House on Prime. It was scary, so then I had to watch something else. I chose Taylor Swift Reputation Tour on Netflix. I like Taylor and her music, so I enjoyed it. I did get cozy on the couch with a blanket and dozed off for a few songs, but I saw most of it. Then I just went upstairs and got in bed and slept for about 90 minutes. I think my sister called sometime during that nap. I answered the phone but we didn't chat. I don't even remember saying good-bye to her. (Sorry Lizzie.)

Tonight I did cook. It didn't require much effort to make my favorite comfort food of eggs and potatoes. Now I'm back on the couch watching the Jazz game and drinking some hot tea with honey to soothe my throat.

I'm a ball of fire.

Osi is sick, too. She hasn't eaten much, if anything, today or yesterday. I couldn't get her to take her medicine last night or this morning. I managed to get a couple of pills into her tonight, even though she literally spit the pills out. She's just been sleeping all day, which isn't unusual, but it is unusual that she has not once sat by the treat cupboard and grumbled at me. No cookies, no chewie bones, no hemp treats. I'm a little worried about her. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow.

Hopefully we both will.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

no worries, I had dialed before I realized/remembered that your voice wasn't great, but then I didn't want to hang up
sending healthy vibes to you and to sweet Osi-girl

josefa wann said...

Hope you're both feeling better!