Sunday, April 28, 2019

#2194 weekend wrap-up

Another quick and busy weekend is over already.

Yesterday I went to the 8 AM  WW workshop and I was reassured that my decision to be part of the 10 AM group was correct. The group at 8 is fine, but I just feel more comfortable with all the people at 10. I had a (big) gain, so I wasn't very pleased with myself. I wasn't surprised either, though.

The reason I went to the 8:00 group was that I was taking a walking tour at Red Butte Garden with other guides and docents at 10 AM. It was an absolutely beautiful day and I enjoyed walking around talking about the plants and trees with other guides. None of us were master gardeners, so we just  shared knowledge with each other and talked about the plants we especially like.

After that I spent some time at Starbucks writing in my journal and texting with my mom. I relish the couple of hours I spend at Starbucks on the final weekend of the month. I don't get distracted by my dog, laundry, what the guys are doing, or TV. I pop in my airpods, turn on some music and just write. It's good for my soul and my brain.

When I was on the way home I noticed that the On the Hook food truck was at the Ace Hardware store parking lot, so I kind of zoomed home to get MT so we could get fish and chips. They are truly the best fish and chips ever. Last month when they were in the neighborhood, they sold out before I could get some and I wasn't about to let that happen again. So, so good!

After lunch I went to the grocery store, then I don't remember what I did - I think I read - and I went to bed by 9:30. I was really tired and it felt good to just shut down. T had some friends over around midnight because I briefly woke up to text him to be quiet and then went right back to sleep. At one point I was sure that MT woke up, got dressed and told all the friends - there must have been 10 friends or so - to get out of the house. It made me sad that he would do that, but I kind of understood too. When I asked MT about it this morning, he told me that though he heard some music, it was pretty quiet and he did NOT get up and tell everyone to leave. I just had a dream! AND there were only three other people here besides T and I know all of them. They weren't very loud and they were respectful of the fact that MT and I were sleeping. I just a dream.  What does that say about me?

This morning MT and I went to breakfast, as usual, then we went to the outdoor track at the fitness center for a couple of laps. As lovely and warm as yesterday was, today was grey and cloudy and windy and kinda cold. Typical Utah spring - although sometimes we have all the weathers in a single day. Still, we were okay because we wore jackets and once we started walking at pace, we were comfortable.

I paid the bill and balanced the checking accounts.



This afternoon the three of us went to see Avengers: Endgame.  I wrote earlier in the month about how I excited I was to see this movie and that I contemplated taking a few days off work to binge watch the entire MCU. I didn't do it though. I realized that I had seen almost all of them already. It was hard to find three seats together to see the movie this weekend, but I persevered and it all worked out. It was a cool show. I won't tell anything about it except that there were funny parts and sad parts and plenty of action. The dude next to me was openly weeping during one particular scene. He was full-on sniffling and wiping his eyes and making quiet whimpering noises. Also, all the Avenger women are total bad asses. 

The movie is three hours long, so when I bought the tickets I wanted to make sure to see it early enough that we would be home in time for tonight's Game of Thrones episode. We made it in plenty of time. The guys have watched all the episodes for six or seven seasons and I've just picked up the story through osmosis and seeing parts here and there. Tonight I decided to sit down with them to watch the third of the final six episodes. It was the battle of Winterfell, after all, and I have a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out). It's probably going to be like Breaking Bad: I only watched the last four or five episodes of that series. I always tell myself that someday I will watch the whole series, but so far I haven't. Those last five episodes were really good though.

The GoT episode tonight was very dark. I mean that in a literal sense. Most of the action happened in the dark of night and as Roxanne Gay tweeted "lit by one slender candle." Still, it was a giant battle, so it was probably okay not to actually see all the blood and stuff. The sound effects left little to the imagination. No spoilers from me on this either, but I'll be watching next Sunday too. It was all good.

Now, fulfilled by my entertainment fix, I will go to bed. I hope y'all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

josefa wann said...

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Marvel Fan Rushed To Hospital For Crying Too Hard During Avengers: Endgame