Friday, May 24, 2019

#2201 three things: update, moving day and music


1. Update on Mamacita. As I wrote about last time, my mom had her gall bladder removed and there was a minor complication. She had to leave the hospital with a drain tube coming out from where the gall bladder generally was. She is going to the doctor tomorrow and we are hopeful that the tube will be removed and that everything will be good. She seems to be in good spirits overall and is doing great with walking around and getting in and out of chairs. She has been sleeping in the big chair in the living room and napping in her bed, but tonight she will try to sleep in her bed. Sometimes she needs help getting up, so I've got my phone right next to me with the volume turned up so if she texts, I will be able to hear. I sleep pretty hard and deep, so I don't always hear when she calls me.

2. Moving day. Fortunately, Lizzie is here now! She and the movers brought in her furniture, clothes, books, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff and all the stuff you have when you live on your own. Lizzie hasn't unpacked all the boxes, but she's got her clothes in the closet and the in dresser and we have all the furniture arranged how she wants it. I don't know that we will get everything unpacked, but we'll work on it over the next couple of days.

So far the dog is having the most difficult time with the boxes that have taken over her space. She has spent a large part of the day hiding out under the bed in the office. She'll be okay.

3. Music. About a month ago I decided to get Apple Music for our family through our cell phone plan. We get to try it out for six months at no additional cost. T has been trying to convince me to get it for a couple of years, but I was resistant. Now that I have it, I don't know why I hesitated. It's so great! There is lots of different kinds of music and playlists and full albums available. Usually I don't listen to albums all the way through and I certainly don't buy many unless I really like the artist. With Apple Music, a list tells me about new music. In the past couple of days, I have listened to new albums from Ciara and P!nk, which I probably wouldn't purchase, but I really liked hearing them. The other day I wanted to hear songs from O.A.R., so I entered the name in the search field and came up with their albums and "Essentials" which is like greatest hits. There are top 100 lists from countries all over the world and all genres. One day I was feeling mellow, so I listened to a "Chill" mix. I didn't know any of the songs, but I just wanted mellow background sounds while I was reading. Let's just say that I am a fan of Apple Music, especially while I am not paying for it. I wonder if I will pay whatever the fee is in five months when my trial is finished. I kind of have a feeling we will because I know that MT and T like it a lot too.




No comments: