Friday, November 29, 2019

#2281 tacos and cheesecake for Thanksgiving

Our little family was planning to go to Pocatello for Thanksgiving. On Wednesday it snowed and snowed here. It was still snowing a lot on Thursday morning. I looked at the road report and saw the words "snow-packed roads" all the way to Idaho. I looked at the weather forecast and saw the words "more snow on the way". I chickened out. I told MT I didn't want to face the treacherous roads for turkey lunch with family. I told him he could go but I couldn't stomach it. He was disappointed (re:angry) and didn't talk to me for a few hours.

In hindsight, I'm sure everything would have been fine. It did eventually stop snowing and the roads seemed well taken care of.  I don't know if it ever snowed in Pocatello. Yesterday morning it felt like the right decision and yesterday afternoon and this morning, it seemed like the wrong decision.

Since I hadn't planned on being home, I didn't have much food in the house. I did have some taco meat in the freezer, so we had tacos for Thanksgiving. It was simple, and damn, they were good. Our contribution to the family Thanksgiving was dessert: a cheesecake from Costco with toppings, so that's what we had for dessert. Tacos and cheesecake are not traditional Thanksgiving food and that's okay.

I spent the day on the couch binge-watching season seven of The West Wing. I started with episode eight and I watched to the end of episode 22. That's 15 episodes to you and me. That is a prodigious amount of TV watching for me, or anyone really. If each episode is around 43 minutes long, that's 645 minutes which is nearly 11 hours of TV viewing. My back kinda hurts from so much sitting yesterday. The West Wing is such a good show, though, I just didn't want to stop, and now it's all done. What will I watch next? Lizzie will tell me :)

Overall, kind of a weird Thanksgiving, but it all worked out, I guess.

Next time I write, which will be on Monday Dec. 2, I'm going to tell you about a couple of movies I recently watched. Have a great weekend!

~~~~~~



I just updated my 2019 Reading page. I have reached my goal of 60 books this year! I just added five books to the page. Check it out!

No comments: