Friday, December 6, 2019

#2287 it didn't play out the way it was supposed to

Tonight was the PAC-12 championship football game. The University of Utah, the fifth ranked team in the country, played the 13th ranked Oregon Ducks. Utah was favored to win. If the Utes won, they had a chance at the College Football Playoff or at the least a appearance at the Rose Bowl as the PAC-12 champion.

But it was not to be. Oregon dominated the game from the beginning and ended up beating the Utes 37 - 15. I am disappointed. I'm sad. The Utah team I watched tonight looked nothing like the dominating team I've been watching this season. Oregon definitely came in with their hackles up looking to spoil the Utah party.

The Utes will still play in a bowl game, but it probably won't be anything cool. I was joking with MT that the Utes would probably end in the Turkey Bacon Bowl in Bismarck, North Dakota on Christmas Eve. (That's not really a thing; I just made it up.)

I can't even imagine how those young men feel in that locker room tonight. The plane ride home will probably be pretty quiet.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Damn.


No comments: