Wednesday, November 25, 2020

#2469 thankful for a four-day weekend

It felt good to leave the office a bit early this afternoon as the Thanksgiving weekend kicks off. I was able to take Mac for a walk over at the park, which overall was nice. When I got home, all flushed from the walk in the brisk pre-winter air, I read for a bit then joined in the book club discussion about the short story collection The Office of Historical Corrections

I took T to work, then MT and I watched a movie on Prime called Small Axe: Mangrove. Both of us really liked it.

That's pretty much how I want this weekend to go: eat, read, watch movies, repeat. Maybe a nap here and there. Some chores sprinkled in on Saturday and Sunday will be fine. I haven't taken much vacation time this year, so I'm happy to treat these next four days as a little stay-cation. 

I feel a little warm and fuzzy about it.




2 comments:

Kteach said...

Sounds nice, the brownie ice cream explosion sounds nice too :)

Lizzie said...

I heard about Small Axe. There are like three movies that are part of it, I think?