Sunday, November 29, 2020

#2473 thankful for awkward dog snuggles

My dog, Mac, has two personalities, befitting her two breeds. The husky side of her is stubborn, a little on the crazy side, and extremely energetic. The lab side of her loves to play fetch and to snuggle. Her snuggles are kind of awkward, though. She does not care about boundaries. She'll sleep with her head on my pillow, or using my head as a pillow, as she did last night. She puts her nose in my private areas, probably mostly because it gets my attention and therefore she has my attention. She's kind of needy. 

Today she has mostly not let me out of her sight. When I just sat down to write here, she played lap dog, as much as her big body allows her. She stands up on her hind feet and lays her upper body over my lap. Her face is right in my face. There isn't much I can do except pet her when she behaves in such a manner. Now, when I started typing, she did lay down on my feet. 

Mac has such a different personality from Osi. Osi was a total pleaser. She was quiet and mild-mannered, in her grown-up years, anyway. When she was younger she was rambunctious and playful, but I don't think to level that Mac is playful and rambunctious. Osi was always the biggest snuggle pup. If I was sitting still, Osi was by me. As I mentioned, Mac's snuggles are sweet but kind of awkward and always on her terms. She's kind of cat-like with her snuggles. She decides when and for how long it will happen. 

There have been times when I've wondered if I got the right dog with Mac. She's so much bigger and more powerful and just "more" than I thought I wanted. I've grown used to her though, and I can't imagine being without her. MT and T both love her. MT says she's one of the best dogs we've ever had, after Marley. I think they like her so much because she likes them so much. When any of us come home, the sheer excitement and affection Mac shows is a bit overwhelming and pretty endearing. 

The dog is all right. 



1 comment:

Kteach said...

sHE HAS QUITE A PERSONALITY :)