Monday, November 5, 2012

#798 bad start, ok finish

I had it all planned out...today would be the day that I got back in the early morning gym routine. I would warm up on the bike, then use the elliptical machine and finish off with some ab crunches and gentle stretches. I would be home in plenty of time to shower and make my lunch. I would feel energized and happy and good about myself. What a fantastic way to start the week, right?

BUT...

When my alarm went off at oh-so-dark 4:45, I couldn't turn the music off quickly enough. I think I touched every button on the clock, including the lighted display. Sadly, I did not turn off the alarm, I just hit the snooze button, so nine minutes later, there was Sheryl Crow, singing her little heart out. I decided the best thing would be to set the alarm for 5:45 and get some more sleep. It was a good idea; I slept like a rock until Sheryl came on again at which time MT kind of yelled, "Turn off your alarm!"

I decided I'd sleep for five more minutes. I was snoozing happily when MT said, "Sandy! It's 7:00! Get up!" Only it wasn't 7:00, it was 6:00. He had not set his clock back an hour. So I slept for a few more minutes, until 6:15, then I was rushing all around.

To make matters worse, I think I might be starting to move in the direction of The Change (you know, meopause) and I get super-hot in the morning. I mean, like sweaty hot. It's not nice. I go into the guest room and sit in front of the fan for a few minutes and mop my brow. But that's not all! Those milkshakes I consumed in the first week or two after my surgery are still with me and my clothes are tight and so I hate them all. Also, because I'm hot, everything feels extra awful. I usually try on at least two outfits every morning.

<>

The good news is that I was able to make my lunch and get to work on time. My pants were tight, but I was able to sit comfortably, so I guess that's ok.

Work was good. I got a lot of things done and felt like the company got their money's worth.

Instead of going to the gym after work, I rode my bike here at home and did all my PT exercises.

I've challenged myself to get to bed by 10:00 tonight and lights out no later than 10:30. That means that I can't let myself get sucked into those FB games!

Well, maybe I can play for a few minutes :P


No comments: