Saturday, November 24, 2012

#817 coulda been cranky, but I'm not

I have been in a good mood today although goodness knows there were reasons for me to feel cranky.

For one thing, I have completely fallen off the Weight Watchers wagon and it's just not ok to spend money with them when I am gaining weight. It's not their fault that I'm gaining; just as losing the weight was all me, gaining some of it back is all me, too. As I headed out the door this morning to face the music, I mean the scale, MT told me to give myself a break because I had a big surgery three months ago. I explained to him that I should not have used the excuse of the surgery to have chocolate milkshakes and cheeseburgers and fries twice a week and to eat cookies and chips and assorted crap precisely because I would not be able to exercise to the level I enjoyed previously.

The time for making excuses is done. Dr. F says I can get back on the bike and work out as much as I want as long as it's not high impact. I can do that. I can also be accountable and responsible for the food choices and quantity of food that I stuff into my face. It's a lot more fun when your clothes are getting looser. Not so great when they are getting tighter and you feel like a sausage in a casing in all of your clothes.

So, back on track with WW. I've set short-term, mid-term and long-term goals. Here we go!

Then, MT, T and I went to lunch at Dickey's BBQ and I ate smoked sausage, causing me to really truly feel like sausage in a casing. But I wrote it all down in my WW Tracker and took responsibility for it. I did a good job the rest of the day and I feel like I did ok overall.

Another thing that did bring me down today is that my dad had to go back to the ER today. He's going to be all right, but this morning he was disoriented and very weak. My poor dad has many ailments, and one of them is decreased liver function which sometimes causes him to become disoriented and unable to go to dialysis. There is a medication he can take when he feels the symptoms coming on, but if he chooses not to take the medicine, the consequences seem to be that he winds up in the hospital and it becomes a long day for everyone. My thoughts are with Mom and Dad tonight as they head home from the hospital.

Other than those two things, it's been a good day. I had to go over to a particular store today to get a few household items and pick up some stuff for my Secret Santa person at work. I had so much fun! I heard a few bars of assorted Christmas tunes and I smiled goofily as I walked around the Christmas section. My Christmas wish is that I'm not growling when I hear "White Christmas" in a couple of weeks.

Tonight I watched a cute movie called Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. I thought it was sweet and I'm glad I took the time to watch it.I like Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt. The guy who played the Sheik was quite handsome, too.

I'm so glad that tomorrow is Sunday so I have one more day of relaxing. I'll probably do some laundry, but I bet I watch a movie also! :)

No comments: