Sunday, January 13, 2013

#845 thoughts on the Golden Globes

We all just watched the Golden Globes award show. We also watched E!'s coverage of the red carpet arrivals. My take on the fashion in a minute but first I have to say that I thought Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were hilarious. They had me giggling every time they were on the stage. I also liked their fake nominees. Way funny. Also hysterical was Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig presenting best actress in a motion picture comedy. They were silly in the best way.

We don't watch many of the TV shows that are nominated, probably because many of those shows are on HBO and we don't subscribe to that channel. It's still fun for us to guess who we think will win. Since we are so tuned in to pop culture (haha) we figured that "Homeland" would be a big TV winner, which it was. Didn't it win a bunch of Emmys? The Emmys is about the only award show we don't watch. I was hoping that Max Greenfield would win best supporting actor in a TV comedy. His character, Schmidt, on "New Girl" is probably my very most favorite character on TV. He is dang funny.

T and I really liked the movie "Argo", so we were happy and a little surprised that it won both best picture and best director. (Nice going, Ben Affleck!) I wasn't surprised that Daniel Day-Lewis won best actor for "Lincoln". He looked just like the guy on the penny. I was happy for Jessica Chastain who I thought was terrific in "Zero Dark Thirty."

Ok, now to the important stuff...who I thought looked good!

I loved Anne Hathaway's hair and dress:



Clare Danes looked gorgeous in this dress:






At first glance, I didn't care for Lucy Liu's dress, but I've changed my mind. I love the color and the fact that it wasn't a solid. I like the floral pattern.


Jennifer Garner's dress was beautiful. I love the color:




I thought Jennifer Lawrence's dress was pretty, but there was something funky going on in the boob area with some extra fabric or something that made me unsure whether I liked it or not:


All right, now it's time for me to get to bed. Good night!









No comments: