Monday, January 14, 2013

#846 Jazz game night vs Miami Heat

  T and I had the opportunity to go watch the Jazz play the Miami Heat tonight, and you just don't pass that kind of thing up, so we didn't. We were super excited to watch Lebron James, D-Wade and the rest of the world champion Heat. We clapped for Lebron and oohed and ahhed when he was spectacular, but we always wanted the Jazz to win - which they did!

 The Heat didn't go quietly, though. The Jazz were up by 21 points or so in the third quarter, then the Heat started chipping their way back into the game and got back within a couple of points. Then Gordon Hayward stepped back and drained a three pointer, and the Jazz wrapped it up, winning by seven, 104 - 97.

T says that he is the Jazz's good luck charm. The team has won every time T has gone to a game this year. :)

During the second quarter, while we were enjoying our dessert, there was a mild disturbance in the suite. I looked back, and four of the Jazz dancers had come in. I nudged T, and he jumped right up to get a picture with the girls. He was a happy dude!


All in all, a very good and fun experience at the ESA tonight!

One funny note: there was a family that was a guest in the suite and it included the dad, who works for one of our main customers, the wife and the son who is probably nine or ten. He also had his pic taken with the Jazz dancers and he was all smiles, just like T. Then, at the end of the game, the kid was just sobbing - I mean he was crying his eyes out. T was chuckling because he thought that the kid must be a big Heat fan and he was sad that his man Lebron lost. The dad had his arm around him and was giving him a hug, and his mom was talking about how he will always remember being at this Jazz game.

I was looking at them and trying to figure out what was going on. Then the mom came over to me with her camera/phone and she was smiling from ear to ear and looked like the happiest person in the world. She wanted to show me a picture of the kid standing next to President Monson, the leader of the LDS church. That's why the kid was crying! He was so moved by meeting the President that he was in tears. That's devout, baby.

I said to the mom, "Wow! Is that President Monson?" (I think his first name is Thomas, but I only wanted to say Gordon. Gordon Monson has a column in the sports section of the Salt Lake Tribune, plus I sometimes listen to his radio show on Jazz game days. That's why I just stuck with President Monson rather than say the wrong name and make a complete fool of myself.)

Cool for them, I say. If the Pope or the Dalai Lama was attending a Jazz game and I had my picture taken with them, I might get a little teary, too, maybe.

I think T got a little misty when the Jazz dancers left the room. ;P

Good times!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

That's so cool T had his picture taken with the girls :)
Was The LDS President in the suite too?