Thursday, March 7, 2013

#882 not crazy for BWW

This morning T asked me if he could go out to dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. I said that of course he could and asked where they were going. "El Habanero", he replied. El Habanero is my favorite Mexican restaurant; it's right down the road from our house. I can't get T to go there except on my birthday or if his uncle Kevin is in town.

Anyway, since T was out, MT and I decided we would go out too. There's a new restaurant in our neighborhood, Buffalo Wild Wings, and we've been wanting to try it out, so that's where we went. Buffalo Wild Wings is a sponsor of one of my favorite radio/TV programs, "The Dan Patrick Show." Dan and the Danettes are always talking about Buffalo Wild Wings where they frequently have beer and wings. If you didn't know, the slogan for the restaurant is "Beer Wings Sports." Sounds like my kind of place. Let's go!

When we walked through the door we were just assaulted by sound. The music was playing really loud. There are TVs everywhere and all of them are showing sports. You would think I would be thrilled, but I wasn't. I was overly-stimulated and immediately got a headache. We were seated and our server came over and started talking about all the sauces they have for their wings and I could barely hear what she was saying. We ended up trying six different sauces on some french fries to find what we liked. I'll just take regular old buffalo sauce, please.

I had a buffalo chicken sandwich and MT had a burger. I'm sorry to say that it wasn't that great. I could have made it at home easily. The chicken was a frozen breaded patty that had been thrown in the fryer and topped with a piece of Swiss cheese and some buffalo chicken sauce. Not delicious. The fries weren't good either. MT said his hamburger wasn't that good. We were underwhelmed by the food and overwhelmed by the atmosphere. 

When we left the restaurant, MT and I said, at the same time, "Been there, done that." I won't be rushing back in there. There are many restaurants in our neighborhood nowadays, and BWW isn't on the top of the list. I prefer Chili's. Even better, there's a little pub up the street that is very good. We've always been happy when we go there. And of course, there's El Habanero.


No comments: