Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#1125 T branches out

Last night when I was making dinner, T surprised me by asking for an unusual food. I don't think I've ever heard him ask for this food before.

T: What's for dinner?

me: Salmon and rice.

T: Oh. I don't know why, but I think I want to have a hamburger with something on it.

me: You want a burger? With something on it? Like what?

T: I think maybe bacon. And cheese.

me: You want a bacon cheeseburger? (I reached out to feel his forehead.)

T: I'm fine. I just think I want that.

me: You think?

T: I'm kind of nervous about it.

me: (giggle) Atlantis Burger makes a great bacon cheeseburger. They use the best bacon.

T: Atlantis? I was thinking Arby's.

me: Arby's doesn't make hamburgers.

T: Huhwhat? They don't?

me: No. They make roast beef sandwiches. I don't know if they make a roast beef sandwich with bacon. I think they make a chicken sandwich with bacon.

T: Maybe that's what I want. But I don't like Arby's.  I don't know what I want!

Tonight I got take-out from Atlantis Burger and T had a bacon cheeseburger. It must have been ok because there wasn't a crumb left on his plate.

Now if I can only get him to like Mexican food.


1 comment:

Kteach said...

Teens are funny :)