Friday, June 20, 2014

#1203 family night out at the ball game

Tonight the three of us went out to Smith's Ballpark to watch a Salt Lake Bees baseball game. My work group hosted the event, so we had a picnic and then watched the ball game. I don't think MT or T were very excited to go, but they played along.

I have to say that I think the Smith's Ballpark is a beautiful place. The view of the mountains is spectacular and the field is kept in perfect condition. I didn't take this photo, and there were not nearly this many people there tonight, but this is what it looks like:



The weather tonight was absolutely perfect. It has been cold and rainy here this week, but the past couple of days were nice and tonight was wonderful. I think it was right around my favorite temperature in the low 80s and even when it got dark it didn't get too cool.


Everyone brought their families and we chatted and laughed. MT got to speak with other grown-ups; he needs to socialize so I know that he enjoyed chatting with others.

The game was a loss for the hometown team, but it was a win for me. I love baseball and it was nice to sip a beer and sit outside and enjoy the evening with my family and friends.